Gartner reported that Microsoft had 87.5% of the market share for office suite software in 2018, with Google holding only 10.4% of the market share. If you’re a G Suite user, you may be wondering why—and considering a switch.
Microsoft Office 365 and G Suite offer a bunch of similar productivity capabilities. It’s often attractive to use G Suite for small companies, but as these businesses grow, there often comes a time when this flips, and Office 365 becomes the most cost-effective option.
According to Gartner Magic Quadrants,
Microsoft came forward over Google as a leader and outperformed Google in the meeting solutions, enterprise information archiving, and content collaboration categories. And many of the applications that you would have to add on through a third-party vendor with G Suite are available via Microsoft Office 365 as part of your per-user cost.
Having these applications under one umbrella reduces redundancies and additional costs across your cloud services. This saves many businesses a substantial amount of money when they Migrate from Google Workspace to Office 365.
For many companies that make the switch, the results are:
- Consolidated monthly spending for cloud services
- Less redundancy in applications
- Fewer or no third-party vendors
- Added functionalities like Power Apps
- Enhanced functionalities
- More frequent updates
To get a look at these potential advantages in action, here’s a comparison of G Suite vs Microsoft Office 365 based on an actual company’s current and potential subscription options:
G Suite vs Office 365 Comparison Chart
In doing this switch, the example business will be able to perform the same functions within Microsoft’s comparable apps—and more. They can drop several third-party vendor services for things like security or single-sign-on providers and fold them into their monthly price for Microsoft Office 365. They also get the added advantage of Microsoft applications like Power Apps. Here is a direct analysis of the comparable applications:
Microsoft Office 365: Features and Benefits
According to Microsoft’s eBook Seize the Power of the Cloud: 7 reasons to switch to Microsoft 365, the leading reasons to switch to Microsoft 365 from any other solution are:
- Effortless and intuitive Office 365 collaboration tools with automatic backups
- Ability to Secure files and data in this way users can access their data on Windows 10 Virtual Machine Server without any stress whenever and wherever they want.
- Ability to use Office 365 apps on both desktop and mobile with superb security management and security
- Machine learning-enabled efficiencies like data insights and suggestions for functions like meeting periods and PowerPoint designs
- The agility of Microsoft Teams, enhances efficiency and productivity for employees, allowing for collaboration, chat, video meetings, and file sharing
- Built-in advanced threat security for data on all devices to protect data and guard against cyber threats
- Capabilities to help safeguard data to comply with General Data Protection Regulation and other international, regional, and industry-specific regulations
Even if G Suite may appear enticing because of its easy interface, it does not measure up to the comprehensiveness of Office 365 because it is the most powerful productivity suite on the market. In the United States, Apps4Rent has the expertise in migrations to Office 365 from Google G Suite for your business. They can even help your business in different migration services like Migrate SharePoint Site from one tenant to another and supply support to their clients which makes them perfect partners to select for the service.