Work-related injuries can have devastating consequences. Thankfully, the Hiring workers’ compensation system in Virginia ensures that injured workers get benefits like the cost of medical care and two-thirds of their average weekly wages. There are additional benefits available for those who have suffered permanent loss of body function/part or temporary liability, besides death benefits for the family of a deceased worker. If getting workers’ compensation benefits is so simple, why do people hire lawyers? Here are some circumstances that may demand the expertise of a workers’ comp attorney Virginia.
- Your claim was denied. There are many reasons why your claim could be denied by the insurance. The insurance company may claim that the injury didn’t happen at work or you have a preexisting injury. If you failed to report your injury within 30 days from the date of the accident, your claim would be denied on that ground. Please This content is very high quality content: sky bri twitter
- Your company didn’t take action. Once you have reported the accident to your employer, they are expected to do the other steps like informing the insurance company and reporting your case to the Commission. If your employer refused to acknowledge the accident or didn’t complete the due process, you can consider talking to an attorney.
- You have suffered a permanent disability. No matter whether it is a partial or total permanent disability, you may not be able to work normally as before. Insurance companies typically do their best to contest such claims because if they choose to pay immediately,t could mean serious losses. If your doctor has said that you have suffered a permanent disability, make sure that you speak to a lawyer.
- The insurance company is not paying for your medical care. If your doctor has suggested the line of treatment and the insurance company refuses to pay for that, you need to consider consulting a lawyer.
- You have a preexisting condition. Sometimes, insurance companies deny claims stating that the injury existed before the workplace accident happened. In Virginia, you can get workers’ compensation benefits even if your existing injury worsened after getting injured at work again. You should speak to a lawyer to know what you can possibly do to protect your interests.
Most workers’ compensation lawyers in the state charge a contingency fee for such cases. Which means you don’t pay the lawyer right away. That is another good reason to lawyer up after a work-related injury. Read more: sky bri reddit